Expert Attic Air Sealing in Gulfport and Nearby in Mississippi
Air sealing improves energy efficiency and home comfort
How gaps and cracks form in the attic
- Construction flaws
- Electrical, HVAC, or plumbing work
- Pest or mold damage
- Natural wear and tear
Gaps and cracks in the attic are an unavoidable part of home ownership. There are several reasons why these spaces form, but every home is subject to the air flow that can occur through these areas. Without proper air sealing, this air leakage will negatively impact your home's energy efficiency and comfort.
Alison Home Insulation can solve these problems in your attic with our complete air sealing services. By identifying problems areas and sealing them, we can eliminate air flow between the living space and the attic, improving your efficiency. If you have issues with high heating and cooling costs or uncomfortable rooms, call us today to get a free estimate on air sealing services for your home! We provide quality air sealing and attic insulation in Gulfport, Biloxi, Slidell and the surrounding areas.
Air sealing before & after
Before: Recessed can lights such as the one shown here can't have insulation batts covering them by building code. However, leaving them completely exposed allows for significant air flow between the attic and the room below.
After: Sealing around the light with our expanding foam is a safe, effective way to eliminate this air flow. This will prevent conditioned air from escaping to the attic, keeping your home more comfortable and saving you money.
Understanding how air flow works in your home
Why does air sealing make such a big difference in your home? Simply put, a lack of air sealing allows too much air flow between the living space and the attic. Here's how it affects your home in different seasons:
- Winter: Warm air rises, and the warm air you paid to heat will naturally rise to the ceiling. If there are gaps in the ceiling and attic floor, that warm air will leak into the attic, forcing your furnace to run longer to keep the home at the right temperature.
- Summer: In the summer, hot and humid air from the outside moves into your attic. This is part of why your attic is so hot during the summer, but it also serves to heat up the rooms directly below the attic. Sealing gaps and cracks to the outside will prevent this air transfer.
How we solve air sealing problems in your home
The first step of air sealing is testing the attic to identify where the air leaks are. Once we know, we use an expanding foam to seal the areas and prevent air transfer. The result will be a much more efficient and comfortable home because your HVAC system won't need to run as long to get the house to the temperature you want.
The following are common areas where air sealing is required in the attic:
- Plumbing and wiring penetrations through the attic floor
- HVAC ductwork, chases, vents, and registers
- Chimney chases
- Attic access hatches, doors, and drop-down stairs
- Recessed lights and fans in ceilings
Improve your energy efficiency with complete air sealing services
Want to start saving money on your heating and cooling costs while enjoying a more comfortable home? Air sealing is the first step towards improved energy efficiency and comfort, and Alison Home Insulation can provide you with the complete air sealing services you need. Our experts are trained to give you the right solutions for your specific needs to create the best results in your home.
Call Alison Home Insulation today at 1-844-643-0684 or contact us online to get started on air sealing and attic insulation services for your home. We offer free estimates on all our work in Gulfport, Biloxi, Slidell, Pascagoula, Vancleave, Hammond, Ocean Springs, Gautier, Carriere, Long Beach and throughout the surrounding areas.